We are excited to announce that LGBTQ Connection will be taking on two summer interns for 2017 that will help us take our program to the next level over the summer months. Interns will work approximately 8-16 hours a week on a variety of projects supporting LGBTQ Connection's mission and growth. Preference for the two available positions (one for Napa and one for Sonoma Counties) is given to applicants who speak Spanish, have reliable transportation, and can explain how they connect to LGBTQ topics.
Interested individuals should:
- be familiar enough to discuss LGBTQ Connection's programs and mission statement
- be able to provide excellent customer service
- provide two personal or professional references
- explain what they hope to offer AND gain from the position
- be punctual, self-motivated, open to feedback, and have proven follow through
- be able to talk about their personal connection to LGBTQ justice and community
Interested individuals should submit a one page cover letter describing how they see themself as a fit for the position and each of its requirements. A one page resume should also be included in order to provide more detailed information than the cover letter. Send both to email@example.com by June 4, 2017.
We are thankful to have enough resources this year to be able to acknowledge interns with stipends upon completion. Internships are not paid hourly.