We're glad you're here. Whether your child is lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or still figuring it out, you are not alone. We're in this together. We are building a year-round network of support, trust, love and acceptance for youth and families.
Contact LGBTQ Connection at 707-251-9432 or send us a private message (http://lgbtqconnection.org/contact) for more information about:
- one on one meetings with family staff for advice, resources, information
- counseling appointments for youth, parents (or anyone who would like one)
- informational materials about gender and sexual identity (LGBTQ)
- booklets and research on how best to love and support our children even when we might not be fully comfortable
- workshops for parents, caregivers, family members or the community providers/professionals who serve families and youth about family acceptance and rejection
- referrals to other incredible, family-serving LGBTQ services like PFLAG Napa (Napa/Calistoga) and Out Proud Families
Guided by the latest in research from San Francisco State University's Family Acceptance Project, led by Caitlyn Ryan, PhD, ACSW, we know that a family's response to their child's LGBTQ identity has health implications for the rest of their life. To help local families support the health and well being of their child, we produced a Family Acceptance guide, downloadable here:
Thanks in large part to funding from Napa County Health and Human Services, all of what LGBTQ Connection provides is at not cost to the community.